Heroku is a cloud platform that lets companies build, deliver, monitor and scale apps we’re the fastest way to go from idea to URL, bypassing all those infrastructure headaches.
12 FACTORS ABOUT HEROKU:
• Codebase: One codebase tracked in revision control, many deploys.
• Dependencies: Explicitly declare and isolate dependencies.
• Config: Store config in the environment.
• Backing Services: Treat backing services as attached resources.
• Build, release, run: Strictly separate build and run stages.
• Processes: Execute the app as one or more stateless processes.
• Port binding: Export services via port binding.
• Concurrency: Scale out via the process model.
• Disposability: Maximize robustness with fast startup and graceful shutdown.
• Dev/prod parity: Keep development, staging, and production as similar as possible.
• Logs: Treat logs as event streams.
• Admin processes: Run admin/management tasks as one-off processes.
THE HEROKU PLATFORM (as a SERVICE)
Virtualized containers that run application code.
Tools, components and services, also some add-ons are shareable.
Database (and Data Store)
Fully managed Postgres, Redis and Kafka instances which are shareable among apps.
SALESFORCE + HEROKU
HEROKU APP ⇔ CONNECT ENGINE ⇔ SALESFORCE
Automatic Intelligent Bi-directional Secure